The World is Your Oyster

Saturday, April 22, 2006

 

Observation in France

What I love MOST about traveling (other than learning the food, people, and culture of new places) is the exposure to new and different things to laugh at. In my head, of course. I am as outwardly respectful as possible, as I feel the only way to know a culture is to be part of it. On the other hand, I have this blog as my comic release. I am reminded of one of my favorite Jack Handy quotes:

"We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me."

I am having a marvelous time with my lifeguard friends and have especially loved swimming with the swim team this week. I feel very at home here and several times a day regret not staying longer. "Longer" being "forever" in this case.

(By the way, I would put up photos but cannot because the computer chez Krystel runs on Windows 98. Windows 98! Does anyone remember it?!)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   April 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?