The World is Your Oyster

Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Some good reads...

Books I've read on my trip:
Mountains to Mountains - Tracy Kidder. Highly recommend it. I'd write a review but you know how to use the internet.
Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom. This book is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up. It shares many of life's valuable lessons and is overall uplifting and inspirational.
The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand. Not my typical choice of author, but this book was recommended to me and overall I'm glad to have read it. The characters are dispicable but I learned about architecture and the importance of integrity. Plus I was so absorbed in the plot I could hardly put it down.
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte. My mom has been trying to get me to read this book since I was 12 years old and I regret having put it off so long. I loved this book page in and page out. Jane Eyre is strong, smart, and self-aware, a true heroine.

I'm currently reading: Foreign Babes in Biejing by Rachel DeWoskin, a great recommendation from my brudda about a Western woman's 5-year experience in Beijing. Quite funny. On tap is: The Know-It-All : One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs. I picked it up in an English bookstore in Hong Kong (I was in heaven! Books in English!).

I'm sad to leave my bro, who I've been with for the past week and a half in Hong Kong and Taipei. We've had some great moments. At the rate I'm going, I'll blog about them maybe a month from now.

On to Thailand!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   April 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?